Dr. Wolfgang Walchner has specialized in data protection law for several years and joined Dr. Drewes’ team in 2018. One of his main areas of practice is advising companies in the real estate industry. In addition, it deals with the promotional use of data. Prior to his collaboration with Dr. Drewes, Dr. Walchner’s practice focused on advising companies on intellectual property rights.
- Since 2021: Attorney at law at DPL Drewes Privacy Law Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- 1999-2021: Attorney at law in renowned law firms in Bonn, most recently at the law firm Pauly & Partner PartG mbB in the area of data protection law
- 1996-1999: Lawyer in a large law firm in Munich
- 1996: Admission to the bar (Munich)
- 1991-1996: Research associate at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law
- Law studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (Dr. jur., 1997)
As a lawyer and certified data protection officer (GDDcert. EU), active since 1996 in business law consulting and, with the coming into effect of the DSGVO, in data protection law consulting for predominantly large companies. Consulting activity in data protection law since 2012; consulting focus as of 2018
- Data processing agreements: Commissioned Processing and Shared Responsibility, Confidentiality Agreements
- Data protection law support for projects and design of corporate processes
- Data processing during the creation and use of personal photos
- Data subject inquiries: requests for information and deletion; advice on process design
- Data protection incidents: Assessment and handling of reportable incidents; process design
- Proceedings with supervisory authorities: Preparation of opinions on complaints and inquiries
- Information on data protection: assessment and creation of information for customers, employees and service providers
- Data protection law in the real estate industry (focus of activity)
Awards & Memberships
- 2019 Certified Data Protection Officer (GDDcert. EU)
- 2018: Certified data protection officer in accordance with DSGVO and BDSG-neu (TÜV)
- 2012: Certified specialist for data protection (DEKRA)
- 2009: Specialized attorney for industrial property rights
- German Bar Association (DAV) and Bonn Bar Association
- “Commercial Law,” in Heidel/Pauly, AnwaltFormulare, 10th ed. Bonn, 2021 [from the 3rd edition].
- “§§ 336-345 BGB Vertragsstrafe” in: Nomos-Kommentar BGB, 4th edition, Nomos Baden-Baden, 2021 [from 1st edition].
- “§§ 117 AktG” Stock Corporation Law and Capital Market Law, 5th ed. Nomos-Verlag, Baden-Baden, 2019 [from 1st ed.]
- “Sections 311 to 318 AktG” Stock Corporation Law and Capital Market Law, 3rd ed. Nomos-Verlag, Baden-Baden, 2011 [from 1st edition].
- “Kaufrecht und Fernabsatz” [Sales Law and Distance Selling], in Heidel/Pauly/Amend, AnwaltFormulare, 3rd ed.
- “The Right of Disposal in Industrial Property and Copyright Law – Revocation, Destruction, Publication of Judgments,” Cologne, Berlin, Bonn, Munich, 1996